Saturday, July 23, 2011

Hybrid Compact Performance Sedan; MB CLSK/h

Mercedes Benz CLSK/h—Daimler Benz's smallest 4-door coupe, the CLSK, in performance Hybrid form. I used the just-released C63 AMG Black Series coupe as a base image. I deleted the unnecessary fender vents, reduced the quad exhaust to a more manageable dual exhaust and deeper rear bumper. Speakers  for the new "audible" Hybrid laws coming online shortly would be hidden in these chromed exhaust outlets. I changed the pillared coupe bodystyle to a 5-door hatchback for this premium compact hybrid performance/luxury/economy sedan.

9 comments:

  1. The idea of a 4 door coupe will give Mercedes a chance to steal some sales away from the ever popular VW CC. I like the greenish silver paint and the tweaked bumper design, good job!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Woody. I had to tone down the AMG's aggressive rear diffuser and exhausts, so I deepened the rear bumper. I think hybrids need to be seen as performance cars before they "catch on." The electric motor's instant torque has to be a performance boon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my. That's all I could say. Very striking! What I love about this concept is that it looks production ready! The coupe roof line works so well and the stance is dead on. Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I WISH I KNEW YOU ALOT EARLIER. GRAMPS COLLECTED CAR MAGAZINES FOR YEARS. HE FINALLY THREW THEM AWAYABOUT FIVE YEARS AGO. HE DIDN'T WANT TO PART WITH THEM BUT THEY WERE JUST SITTING IN BOXES TAKING UP SPACE. HE WOULD HAVE SHIPPED THEM TO YOU. HE DID TRY TO SELL THEM BUT NO TAKERS. THEY WENT BACK FOR YEARS.

    GRANNY

    ReplyDelete
  5. Year ago I would have taken them, Granny. Now I only keep my car magazines about collectible older cars. I've gotten rid of all of my car magazines about new cars. I just don't have the room anywhere for them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will as time and health permits. Thanks for your interest!

    ReplyDelete