Saturday, March 3, 2012

Fusion Energi 5-door Hatchback: Plug-In Sleekness

My newest stab at playing with Ford's hot new Fusion is this sleek 5-door hatchback. Besides the sleeker greenhouse, and new black glass roof, I darkened the rocker panels. I also detailed the taillight graphics with a matte black panel tying them together with a chrome license plate plinth for a bit of sparkle. With today's cars virtually monochromatic from wheels to roof, I miss the darker/brighter/two-toned detailing that older cars featured. I think they added great visual interest when done well. New, lighter wheels a  bit of sporting appeal to this electric plug-in Fusion Energi.

8 comments:

  1. Well, you've done it again Casey. This car is gorgeous. Whether gas/electric, electric or gas, I think this car shows how a five door hatchback should looke -- the designers of the Honda Crosstour could certainly take a leaf out of your book!

    Well done!

    Paul, NYC

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks, Paul! The Fusion is really a great looking car, now that I have time to play with it, I like all the little details and shapes I find. I always find something to change, though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A five door hatch is a brilliant idea to an already amazing car. Move over Sonata, this will become America's best looking family sedan at a great value.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice. This treatment looks like it would work on the Panamera. Have you done one like that? Did I miss it? I think that car needs your help.

    BobF

    ReplyDelete
  5. good idea, Bob. I've done a smaller Panamera, but not a cleaner version of the regular one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. First glance at the 13 Fusion and I thought "What a beautiful car" until I saw the rear treatment, then it was "Ewww." Thanks Casey for cleaning up the rear, especially the tail lights, which to me are the weakest element of the new body style. I had the chance to see the new Fusions up close at NAIAS this year and I really like them, even better in the flesh!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, C&T! I think just tying the taillights together in a unified form helped the rear end a lot. I also think that adding black trim to parts of car bodies can really make them seem slimmer and sleeker. I guess the chunky look is the thing right now though. Thanks for checking in!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Liked the Ford Fusion. Finding I could love it.

    ReplyDelete